2016년 7월 6일 수요일

Apache Issues of upgrading Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS to 14.04 LTS

After '# do-release-upgrade' from Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS to 14.04 LTS

On the dialog of grub setting, I just typed Enter with the default selection of hdd choice.

And, it failed to boot after the dist upgrade and went into its rescue mode.


I googled but couldn't find an exact same case, but it's... grub. Yes, GRUB. ... 2 actually.

I have RAID0 (mirroring) arrayed by mdadm with two of 500GB WD hard drives. So I did it with sdb too.

$ sudo grub-install /dev/sda
$ sudo grub-install /dev/sdb
$ sudo update-grub 

Reboot, and problem solved.


Apache2 couldn't run itself after the upgrade.

    $ sudo service apache2 status

So it was not running.

    $ sudo service apache2 start


It showed me some error msg about the reason, but definitely it's caused by the upgrade. Yes, I chose 'Keep current settings' when the new apache2 installation process asked me what to do.

    $ cd /etc/apache2
    $ mv apache2.conf apache2.conf.old

apache2.conf is my old setting and wasn't compatible perfectly to run new apache2. Of course there was a kind skeleton file for that, 'apache2.conf.dpkg-dist'.

    $ mv apache2.conf.dpkg-dist apache2.conf
    $ sudo vi apache2.conf

I added a line for phpmyadmin, one more for the ServerName at the end of the conf file.

    Include /etc/phpmyadmin/apache.conf
    ServerName www.mywebsite.com

When I started apache2 service again, it worked the same as before.




댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기

Xubuntu: Installing a Printer (Canon G3060 PIXMA)

$ sudo apt install system-config-printer Download the proper driver for linux from Canon website. Turn on the printer and set up its WiFi. C...