2012년 11월 30일 금요일

Composing .Xmodmap

Show my current key mappings (what X window recognize when I push a key on my keyboard)

$ xmodmap -pke


How to change my key mappings with ~/.Xmodmap file

$ cat ~/.Xmodmap

!keycode 100 = Henkan_Mode NoSymbol Henkan_Mode
!keycode 108 = Alt_R Meta_R Alt_R Meta_R
keycode 100 = Delete NoSymbol Delete
keycode 108 = Hangul NoSymbol Hangul


! lines are comments which were original key mappings.

I'm using a Happy Hacking Professional 2 keyboard with IBus input method in xfce4 on Debian. I wanted to use the unknown key next to HHKB logo as Delete and also wanted to switch input languages (Korean/English) without being disturbed by Alt_R action when I use GUI applications.


After re-running X, it works great!

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기

Xubuntu: Installing a Printer (Canon G3060 PIXMA)

$ sudo apt install system-config-printer Download the proper driver for linux from Canon website. Turn on the printer and set up its WiFi. C...